10 (good) reasons to visit Sicily in autumn
You certainly don’t need an excuse to visit Sicily, but with the end of summer, the island certainly offers spectacular landscapes and an enviable mix of nature and culture.
We are from the mid-season team and like to remind you how incredibly enjoyable a trip to Sicily in autumn is.
Each season offers a different interpretation of the region: in summer, the beaches are popular; in winter, the mountain resorts attract visitors from all over the world; in spring, you discover the beauty of festivals, markets and the sea without crowds, thanks to the mild climate; autumn, on the other hand, is the perfect time to admire the cities of art and baroque villages, with their inimitable views.
So here are 10 good reasons why you should visit our fantastic island, when the trees begin to turn yellow and the air becomes crisper.
1. During the autumn, the Sicilian landscape takes on special colours. The leaves on the trees, the profile of the hills, the sky at sunset are a sight to behold.
2. Sicily offers mild temperatures and beautiful sunny days. True, the occasional downpour arrives, but you have to take that into account.
3. In summer it is easier to find crowded places, in autumn it is different and you can take advantage and enjoy beautiful places.
4. The sea in autumn is beautiful: far from the clamour of August, there are extraordinary sunsets to be seen.
5. Sicily in autumn is truly romantic. Try a hike in the woods, take refuge in the countryside, explore the villages and you will not be disappointed.
6. It is the ideal season for walks in nature, admiring views worthy of an enchanting painting and walking along paths that alternate between landscapes and archaeological attractions and small villages where observing the daily passing of the hours of its inhabitants is in itself a cultural event.
7. Gastronomic experiences are more appetising than ever: it is the perfect time for a wine tasting or simple street food.
8. With such a pleasant climate, practising any discipline outdoors and in such an extraordinarily beautiful setting is certainly an attractive option.
9. Even if it rains in Sicily, there are so many museums to visit and indoor experiences that the days will easily fill up and your holiday will flow by without you realising it.
10. Visit the smaller islands, rich in beaches and unspoilt nature. Postcard views and breathtaking outdoor experiences!